Even today, many patients are deprived of availing proper healthcare facility. Lack of infrastructure, apathy of healthcare professionals, illiteracy etc. are some of the reasons, but financial inability is one of the most important reasons of all.
The expenses for tertiary or specialty care are beyond spending capacity of many families. There is a large section in the society who cant afford such treatment after a certain limit. Selling their livelihood assets (house, farming land, shop, etc) or borrowing money from local moneylenders are the only options left with them. This may or may not save patient’s life but this surely brings life-long misery to the family. Many families prefer the patient living (or dying) with the ailment without treating it after their spending capacity. This is where Samavedana steps in and lend a helping hand to these patients.
Salient Features of the service we render
- Low cost or free treatment for the needy, available at Sahyadri Hospitals
- Careful screening of patients
- Absolutely free medical attention by all the doctors at Sahyadri Hospitals
- Subsidized treatment by Sahyadri Hospital
- Speedy Sanction for Help
- Partial assistance for travelling (according to Samavedana Policy)
Broad criteria to determine eligibility for assistance
- Children/the young/Family bread winners (Below the age of 60 years)
- Those who need complex and complicated surgical intervention.
- Those who are likely to be cured completely and lead a normal life after treatment.